February 27, 2021

Recent news on COVID-19 developments in Canada

Recent News on COVID-19 Advances in Canada (All Time East): 7:30 p.m. The federal government says Canada now has more than 800,000 cases of COVID-19.

Recent News on COVID-19 Advances in Canada (All Time East):

7:30 p.m.

The federal government says Canada now has more than 800,000 cases of COVID-19.

It says there have been a total of 801,057 infections and 20,702 deaths since the virus went to Canada last year.

It took Canada three weeks to add another 100,000 cases to its total, and on January 16 the government announced more than 700,000 diagnoses.

6 p.m.

The Chief Medical Officer of Health of Alberta reported 12 new COVID-19 deaths and 348 new cases.

Dr Deena Hinshaw says new cases have been identified from 10,033 trials, changing the test-positive ratio to 3.6 percent.

Hinshaw says there are 457 people with COVID-19 in hospitals in Alberta, 84 of whom are in intensive care.

4 p.m.

The Nunavut government says there are three new cases today in a community that was the epicenter of the region’s largest COVID-19 eruption.

Arviat, with about 2,800 people, is the only active community in Nunavut.

Authorities reported 15 active cases as of Saturday.

There are 299 Govt-19 cases in four communities in Nunavut, but 283 have been recovered.

3 p.m.

Saskatchewan today reported four new deaths and 264 new Govt-19 cases.

Two of the dead were in their 50s in the Far Northwest region, and the other two were in their 80s – one in the Regina region and the other in the southeast of the province.

Saskatchewan’s daily COVID-19 update states that there are 2,413 active infections in the province.

READ  Daily Horoscope for Sunday, December 20, 2020 | Canada | News

It says the seven-day average of new cases in Saskatchewan is 226 or 18.4 new cases per 100,000 people.

2:40 p.m.

Manitoba reports four deaths with COVID-19, including one man in his 40s and one in his 50s.

The province said in its daily COVID-19 update that 82 new cases of the virus have been identified.

In the update 259 people are hospitalized, of whom 101 are active COVID-19 and 158, they are no longer contagious, but still require intensive treatment.

It also notes that a Govt-19 outbreak has been reported in the dialysis unit at St. Anthony’s General Hospital in The Boss in northwestern Manitoba.

2:20 p.m.

The Alberta government has said it will allow limited school and team games for children and teens to resume Monday.

From February 8, children and youth will be allowed to participate in “lessons, practices and conditioning activities for indoor and outdoor team sports and athletics,” the provincial news release said.

Late last month the province said children’s sports and performance activities could resume on February 8 at off-site facilities, but they should be linked to school activities such as physical education classes.

At the time, Premier Jason Kenny said some COVID-19 public health measures would be reduced as hospital admissions were low.

In today’s announcement participants must be 18 years of age or older except coaches or coaches, and all sports are still prohibited.

There are a maximum of 10 people, including coaches and trainers, and participants must maintain physical distance from each other at all times.

READ  CBC mistakenly firebrand reporter who told news site forced to delete tweet criticizing Don Cherry: Referee

1:25 p.m.

Health officials in Newfoundland and Labrador today confirmed three new cases of COVID-19 in the province.

They say two infections have been linked to the trip, including Quebec, who came to the province for work.

There are 17 active cases, but no one in the hospital, and 391 people are thought to have been rescued.

Authorities are advising against large gatherings ahead of Sunday’s Super Bowl LV, urging people to keep their close contacts and be aware of the dangers of holding meetings with a maximum of 20 people allowed under public health rules.

1 p.m.

New Brunswick reports two deaths from COVID-19 and 12 new infections in the province.

Health officials say the deaths were in the Edmundston area and included Manohar Belly View in the 80s, a hospital resident and a man in his 60s.

Of the 12 new cases, ten are in the Edmundston area and are in a locked position.

Eight are in hospital and two are in intensive care.

The province has now reported 20 deaths and 1,095 recovered 1,337 cases since the outbreak of the epidemic.

11:30 p.m.

There are no new cases of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia today, and the number of active infections in the province has dropped from one to seven, according to provincial health officials.

In a statement, Prime Minister Stephen McNeill said he was proud of Noah’s efforts to keep cases low, and called for vigilance as new measures to ease restrictions did not take effect until Monday.

Those new measures include, as of March 7, limits the capacity to collect up to 150 people outdoors and up to 50 percent of the capacity of the indoor space up to a maximum of 100 people.

READ  The golf dome collapsed after heavy snowfall in Calgary

Retail and fitness businesses can welcome up to 75 percent of their legal client capacity.

A total of 17,295 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Nova Scotia, including 4,681 second-dose.

11:15 am

Quebec reports 1,204 new COVID-19 cases and 27 more deaths due to the corona virus novel, including nine in the previous 24 hours.

The provincial health department said there were 58 fewer patients in the hospital for a total of 982 people, and 159 patients needed intensive care, nine less.

The province on Friday distributed 4,373 Govt-19 vaccine doses to a total of 253,904 people.

Quebec has had 268,977 infections and 9,999 deaths since the onset of the epidemic, of which 246,695 are thought to have been recovered.

11 a.m.

Ontario today reported 1,388 new cases of COVID-19 and 45 new deaths.

There are 1,021 virus-related hospitals in the province, with 325 patients in intensive care and 228 on ventilator.

Ontario Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 455 cases in Toronto, 288 in Peel and 131 in the York region.

Those regions are expected to reopen their economies under a provincial plan to be announced early next week.

The Canadian Press is aware that Premier Doug Ford is set to release details on Monday, but one of the government’s senior circles, a small number of four regions, could begin easing restrictions on businesses early Wednesday.

This report of the Canadian edition was first published on February 6, 2021.

The Canadian Press