We just stumbled across something crazy we’d like to report on. A very compelling story submitted to reddit in the last day by the user droosrockbass titled Tech jobs are waiting for Australians but not enough people have the skills, companies say is gaining some traction, having got 6 comments already at the time of writing. You can read the initial story (posted by abc.net.au) at this link. This was posted at 2019-08-24 03:56:29 and has an ID of cuj0j1. We’ve found the following comments, and please also reach out to us if you know more at this time:
- “If I lived in Austrailia I wouldn’t want a tech job.“, posted by the user bobsante at 2019-08-24 06:50:02. We judge this to be a negative comment and one that is objective.
- “Meanwhile, around Silicon Valley, we have tent-cities full of people with legit tech degrees…“, posted by the user DiarrheaMonkey- at 2019-08-24 06:13:28. We judge this to be a negative comment and one that is subjective.
- “Then train them!! Train your people so you don’t have to hire non-nationals. We aaalll know it’s cheaper but this is how you support the pop… (limiting to 140 characters)”, posted by the user Sterlingwizard at 2019-08-24 04:20:54. We judge this to be a negative comment and one that is objective.
- “I wonder if it will be like their oil industry where they bring in foreign workers then once the locals are trained up they pull the rug out… (limiting to 140 characters)”, posted by the user descendingangel87 at 2019-08-24 04:15:33. We judge this to be a negative comment and one that is objective.
As this is a story very close to my heart, we are looking for more facts on this story and will update this post as soon as we have more information.
990 Vesta Drive, Westchester, IL 60154
Latest posts by Karen Crowder (see all)
- JJ Watt & Twitter – What On Earth? (2019-10-15) - October 16, 2019
- The Community Reacts To Brad Paisley On Twitter (2019-10-15) - October 16, 2019
- Oprah Winfrey Is Blowing Up Twitter (2019-10-15) - October 16, 2019