This is an amazing news story that we are researching right now. A fascinating story submitted to reddit in the last day by the user Aedum1 titled Glasgow University’s ‘bold’ move to pay back slave trade profits is gaining some traction, having got 4 comments already at the time of writing. You can read the initial story (posted by bbc.co.uk) at this link. This was posted at 2019-08-23 16:49:30 and has an ID of cub5ie. Here are some initial comments on what’s going on:
- “This is ridiculous, most of those slaves were sold by African tribal leaders. No wonder no one is mentioning that. Slavery existed in ME and… (limiting to 140 characters)”, posted by the user abaddon2025 at 2019-08-23 20:14:11. We judge this to be a negative comment and one that is objective.
- “That Joanna Williams is a peach. Saying we have no responsibility for the past while standing on what was gained by that inhumanity is flat … (limiting to 140 characters)”, posted by the user dzastrus at 2019-08-23 18:26:43. We judge this to be a negative comment and one that is objective.
As this is something very close to me, I am researching more into this right now and will update our readers as soon as we have more information.
990 Vesta Drive, Westchester, IL 60154
Latest posts by Karen Crowder (see all)
- Ashley Benson & Twitter – What On Earth? (2019-10-15) - October 17, 2019
- will.i.am & Twitter – What On Earth? (2019-10-15) - October 17, 2019
- Janet Jackson – Twitter’s Verdict (2019-10-15) - October 17, 2019